Monday, May 17, 2010

Yesterday I went to McDonald's. Yes, I went to McDonald's. Moving on.

It is beyond me WHY restaurants, upscale and fast food alike, insist on charging people for things they don't eat. Case in point: I order an Egg McMuffin, no cheese, no meat- essentially an egg on an English muffin. Do they give me the cheap one on the Dollar Menu? NOPE, I do not get to be a Dollar Menunaire because I am not "ordering off the menu." I have to pay them $2.89.

"No," I explain to them, "I am not ordering off the menu. I am, however, ordering everything you have on the menu, but subtracting ingredients. Really, you should be charging me less than a dollar because I am ordering LESS FOOD."

"The dollar deal is the thing on the dollar menu. You want to spend one dollar, you gotta order the exact thing listed on the menu," explained the disembodied voice over the speaker.

"So you're going to charge me $2.89 for an egg on a muffin even though if I had ordered that egg on a muffin WITH ham and cheese, you would only charge me $1?"

"Lady, are you ready to order?"

I was hungry.

I am now $2.89 poorer.

And this is how the man keeps winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment